Sunday 30 September 2012

Kitchen Ventures - blueberry pound cake

So I took a week off, now I'm back.

When I was in University (the University of Guelph) there was a cafe in the loft above the campus bookstore called Pages Coffehouse.  They sold delicious baked goods, wraps, coffees and teas (pre Tim Horton's involvement I think....).  I would stop by often and buy the most delicious blueberry pound cake I have ever tasted.  Almost ten years later I can't for the life of me recall any of the complex quantitative genetics formula's, but I can remember the taste of the pound cake.

So, I have been on a mission to replicate this delicious blueberry pound cake.  The recipe for sour cream pound cake in my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook comes close....I think, except it doesn't call for blueberries.  I tried it, cut back on the sour cream (by about 1/4 c) and tossed in an entire package of blueberries.  I should mention that I doubled the recipe to use up my sour cream only to discover that I didn't have enough sour cream to double the recipe.  So, I thought "no biggie" and tossed in an entire package of blueberries to make up the difference.

Pres-dough!.......a somewhat gooey version of blueberry pound cake.  It is so close to the taste of the pound cake from Pages Coffehouse......my mission continues!





No comments:

Post a Comment