Thursday 6 September 2012

Kitchen ventures - cinnamon bun pudding

So I found myself heading home from work today with a large plastic bag full of semi stale raisin cinnamon buns.  When they were fresh they were the most delicious cinnamon buns; warm, gooey, sticky, sweet....yum!  It was suggested to me that I should try to make bread pudding with them.  Sounded like a delicious idea, why not?  So I googled bread pudding and came up with a few recipes, some of which didn't sound that tasty.  Then I found this one:

How To Make Bread Pudding

Seemed straight forward.  So what did I decide to do, double the recipe of course.  Thanks to my new mixer the custard part was ready in no time (I left out the nutmeg and raisins - there was enough flavour and raisins in the cinnamon buns).  I soaked it then shoved it in my oven, 45-60 minutes later...ta-done! Cinnamon bun pudding.


On to the next venture.....

No comments:

Post a Comment