Sunday 2 September 2012

The 4th post


IN THE BEFORE TIME:

  • Sleeping in on weekends was habitual (now there is no such thing as sleeping in)
  • Staying up 'till well past midnight was typical (it is now a fight to keep my eyes open much past 10 pm)
  • 
Going out for dinner whenever & for whatever was common (now a biannual treat)
  • Entertainment meant a movie, concert or play (now it is more fun to watch my child grow, learn & develop)
  • 
I actually styled my hair in the morning (now throwing it in a quick ponytail will suffice)
  • I put some make-up on to pretty myself up (make-up doesn't help anymore)

  • I took regular, lengthy showers and/or baths (now 5 minutes is lengthy, regular means during nap time)

  • Dinner parties & hosting social events was normal (dinner parties are all but extinct, social events are kiddie play dates)
  • Cooking elaborate meals & desserts was no problem (cooking means mac 'n' cheese, dessert..okay, I still bake elaborate desserts)
  • 
I never went out in public with stained clothing (now I don't care if there is a food stain or booger smear on my shirt or pants)
  • I could laugh, cough and jump without incident (I must now exercise extreme caution when increasing my intra-abdominal pressure)
  • I didn't have giant bags under my eyes (I now cover the bags under my eyes with sunglasses)

  • My currency and bargaining unit was dollars (sleep hours & number of poopy diapers hold more value now)
  • My vocabulary was expansive and rich (now my I'm reduced to one and two syllable words)
  • My life was uncomplicated and carefree (now disorganized, complicated, and chaotic)

Would I ever like to return to the before time? 

Never. Not even for a brief moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment