Sunday 16 September 2012

Kitchen ventures - zucchini brownies & loaf

We received a rather large zucchini form our neighbour's garden.  It is the largest zucchini I have seen in a very long time.  It has been sitting on our counter top for about three weeks (I think...could be more) because I cannot decide what to do with it.  My husband says it is mocking us.  Each recipe I find lists the volume of zucchini as "one zucchini" but is this really the best way to quantify the volume needed for a recipe?  There is a difference between a 100 g and a 4 lb zucchini.


Anyhow, ready for an adventure I selected the following recipes:

Chocolate zucchini brownies:
Prest-oh-so-yummy!  It looks as good as it tastes...er...tastes as good as it looks.  I am planning on a second helping in the not so distant future.  I will say that it is more like cake than brownie.


Zucchini loaf:
This loaf was simple to make with little damage to my kitchen.  The only casualty was a grating injury to my left thumb (which was entirely my fault).  The loaf was moist and had a unique tart and sweet taste.  I loved the splash of orange.  All in all, a delicious loaf that I would make again.


Now what to do with the remaining 1/3 of the zucchini.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment