Friday 7 September 2012

Me & Wee Book Review

Anyone read any good books lately?  Allow me and Wee (my child) to review my latest read titles:

David Gets in Trouble by David Shannon:
Me:  Creative, lots to talk about on each page.  What a mischievous child, I hope Wee isn't taking notes.
Wee: "Uh oh, uh ohhhh...maame"

I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen:
Me: "Bah ha ha ha ha".
Wee: Hat! Hat! Hat!

The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle:
Me:  What else can I say, a classic.  Makes me want to have a snack, a very big snack.
Wee: At the end of the book he grabs each cover and flaps the book to make the butterfly "fly"

Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss:
Me: A twister for the mind and tongue.  Like rubbing your tummy while patting your head.
Wee: "Dah, dah, bahll (ball), cah (cactus)"

Freight Train by Donald Crews:
Me: Simple, clean and vivid.  Best with accompanying train sounds "chugga chugga, chugga chugga, choo choo!"
Wee: "Booka..booka.......BOOKA BOOKA BOOKA BOOKA!!!"

Reading to my child is one of my most enjoyable activities although I may need to join an adult book club soon.  Very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment