Thursday 30 August 2012

The 2nd Post


My friend was a wonderful person. She was beautiful, charismatic, thoughtful, kind hearted, spunky and spontaneous. I miss her.

Today I thought I saw her. The "smart" part of my brain realized this is not possible, the "emotional" side of my brain caused my heart to flutter. In this person I saw her hair, similar style and color; her physique, similar gait and height; her face, similar profile and make-up. For a fleeting moment I wanted to yell her name, hoping this person would turn around and be my friend. This will never happen.

A part of my heart will be forever ache. I will continue to miss her, think of her and see parts of her wherever I go. Memories triggered by this smallest of things; huskys (she had three), churches (she thought they were “pretty”), turkey innards (she thought they were “yummy”), any Blue Rodeo song, all things paranormal (hauntings and such), Jeeps (she drove a cool one), fondue, francais, Winnipeg (we lived there), architecture (she had a knack for it), Harry Potter (she was an avid reader), drive-ins, junk food and many more.

Regret is painful. Stay in touch with those you care deeply for. Life is finite.

1 comment:

  1. I'm now following your blog. Welcome!

    Is it too late for this friendship? Is there some way to reconnect? Or did she pass away?

    ReplyDelete